Last night, Nylon Guys had an exclusive first look at the new Adidas NBA All Star Collection for 2015. The collection pays tribute to New York City's basketball history across the five boroughs. From pick-up games in the park to the Knicks playing under bright lights at the Garden, New York City has never ridden the bench when it comes to basketball history. The five stars on the garments represent each borough with a unique pattern:
- Queens: a pattern inspired by the stainless steel orbit rings of the borough’s iconic Unisphere, which was built for the 1964 World’s Fair at Flushing Meadows – Corona Park
- Staten Island: a wave pattern to signify its surrounding waters
- Manhattan: a checkered taxi-cab pattern represents the pace and energy of the world’s most cosmopolitan city
- The Bronx: a vinyl-record pattern to pay homage to the birthplace of hip-hop and the rich musical legacy of New York City
- Brooklyn: a brick pattern inspired by the iconic brownstone houses and buildings that make up the neighborhoods of the city’s most populous borough
Each player’s jacket will be customized with patches to represent the game’s top individual accolades, including NBA Most Valuable Player, NBA Rookie of the Year, NBA All-Star Game MVP and NBA Championships. The on-court warm-ups also include a three-quarter-sleeve shooting shirt and tapered pant.
NBA All-Star jerseys ($80–$110) will be available on NBAStore.com and the NBA Store on Fifth Avenue in January. Fans will also find a full range of NBA All-Star apparel from adidas, including adult and youth t-shirts ($22–$30), track jackets ($80–$250), and headwear ($16–$26). Select NBA All-Star merchandise will also be available internationally on NBAStore.eu, NBAStore.cn, NBA.JD.com, and LojaNBA.com.