BAND CRUSH: BLOUSE
meet the dreamy portland trio and snag 2 of their songs free.
1. You call yourselves "Blouse" because..
We saw a sticker on a dry cleaning window that said "Blouses".. In some strange way we thought it was perfect.
2. Do you feel like living in Portland influences the band's sound at all? How so?
Yeah.. a bit. Portland is an amazing place to be a musician. There is definitely a small scene that we have cultivated between friends and the warehouse (where we practice and record).
3. If you had to tell someone about your debut album and they've never heard it before, you'd say....
Fun to listen to with a significant other in the dark.
4. The story behind your song "Into Black" is....
We had recorded the music for the song, but the original lyrics and melody didn't seem right. Charlie locked herself in a closet and wrote new lyrics. Being alone in a closet was pretty intimate. The song is about omnipresence.
5. If you had to create a mixtape for NYLON, what are three songs you'd include?
Tommy James & the Shondelles - "Crimson & Clover"
The Rolling Stones - "Backstreet Girl"
Al Green - "Call Me"
Click here for more Blouse. Blouse by NYLONmag