7 reasons why bonnie mckee loves nylon
because did you see that donut pool float?!
You've probably already seen the singalong video for Bonnie McKee's "American Girl," featuring Katy Perry, Kesha, Carly Rae Jepsen, and like, half of Hollywood mouthing the lyrics to the stuck-in-your-head pop anthem.
But for the official video, we get this sneaking suspicious that the singer-songwriter (who went from writing some of the biggest hits for the likes of Britney Spears and Kelly Clarkson to launching her own solo career) found inspiration not from her famous friends, but from us. Here are 7 reasons why:
1. That technicolor hair. Tangerine, lilac, smurf blue--you name it, we've loved it. And all three lead ladies in the video (McKee herself included) sport some seriously bright tresses.
2. Slogan hats. Because everyone knows that they're the new slogan tees--and the NYLON Shop is stocked to the brim (pun intended) with 'em.
3. Crazy nails. We're pretty sure McKee is rocking a blinged-out version of our '90s-loving Manicurious nail art tutorial.
5. $$$. That money-covered tee? We've also got it in the NYLON Shop.
6. A donut pool float. At the beginning of summer we told everyone we'd be spending the next few months lounging around in our fave snacks.
7. Heart-shaped, American flag printed sunglasses. We tracked down the perfect pair for when you want to channel Lana Del Rey–but you can now wear them when you want to pull off a Bonnie McKee!