Although the spring '14 Dolce & Gabbana show was inspired by ancient Sicily, the beauty look was anything but dead. Instead, makeup artist (and Creative Advisor) Pat McGrath made the models look like they just came back from a day wandering ancient ruins and doing a little sightseeing. The key was using a combination of "warm golden tones" and "rich red accents."
You don't need to book a ticket to Italy to get a bit of that glow; here's how McGrath did it:
1) First McGrath applied Dolce & Gabbana Make Up Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation, starting with a small amount on the forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin, before blending it out with a brush.
2) For a bit of coverage (plus extra illumination) she used Dolce & Gabbana Make Up Perfect Luminous Concealer, with extra focus under the eyes.
3) To get what they call "a veil of perfection," McGrath dusted Dolce & Gabbana Perfection Veil Pressed Powder (not available until spring '14) on models' noses and chins.
4) The cheeks were a blend of three Luminous Cheek Colour blush shades--Rosebud, Apricot, and Peach--plus just a little bit of the Dolce & Gabbana Smooth Eye Colour Duo's Fortune shade smudged along the cheekbone and temples for a little bit of sculpting.
6) Apply Dolce & Gabbana's Intense Liquid Eyeliner in Baroque Bronze on top of the lash line for a nice gilded touch, before applying layers (that's right, you need more than one here) Passioneyes Duo Mascara in Terra.
7) To finish the look off, McGrath used Dolce & Gabbana's Classic Cream Lipstick in two spring '14 shades, Bellissima and Traviata. (Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until next year to nab these.)
culture8 recipes every adult should know how to makegrownup kitchen 101.
culturehow to be instagram famoustips from 10 models, bloggers, and musicians
radar7 fairytale film remakes that are actually goodwe promise.
beauty7 korean beauty brands you've got to check outseriously amazing stuff
film'kumiko the treasure hunter' is the quintessential sundance filmso. good.
radarhere are the best burns from the justin bieber roastyikes