these were google's top searches in 2014
and nothing broke the internet.
photos via getty images
This year saw trillions and trillions of Google searches and none—I repeat, none—have come anywhere close to breaking the internet. (Although it was a valiant—yet ultimately unachievable—attempt, Kim K.) Still, we have to admit that 2014 was filled with super-viral moments, from the top pop culture feminist victories to NSFW movements to unfortunate crimes to the Sony Hacks.
So we totally could have predicted Google's A Year In Search, a list of the most-searched terms of the year. Check out the fashion and beauty trends and celebrities that were on everyone's minds this year below.
1. Jennifer Lawrence
2. Kim Kardashian
3. Julie Gayet
4. Tracy Morgan
5. Renee Zellwegger
6. Jared Leto
8. Matthew McConaughey
9. Amal Alamauddin
10. Donald Sterling
Trending Red Carpet Dresses (via NY Daily News)
1. Rihanna (yes, that sheer dress she wore to the CFDA Awards)
3. Lupita Nyong'o
Top Beauty Questions (via Refinery29)
1. How do I finally get rid of my acne?
2. How do I get rid of stretch marks?
3. How often should I wash my hair?
4. What is BB cream?
5. How do I clean my makeup brushes?
6. How can I get rid of those bags under my eyes?
7. How can I minimize my pores?
8. How do I apply foundation?
9. What are freckles?
10. How do I shape my eyebrows?