the cool girl's guide to halloween.
photo by joe schildhorn / bfanyc.com
October 23 2013
We tracked down the recent Halloween looks from our favorite faces--think models like Crystal Renn, actresses like Anne Hathaway, musicians like Tennessee Thomas, and, yes, NYLON cover stars like Chung--and put them all together in one handy gallery. Go through one by one for some why-didn't-I-think-of-that? inspiration, or take our advice gathered from all of our research:
1) Sexy is boring. Seriously, what makes Halloween fun is the fact that you can look weird, scary, or both at the same time.
2) Wigs are your friend. It's amazing how much a wig can switch up your look.
3) When in doubt, pull on your fave sky-high boots to finish off a costume. It's like the fashion girl's version of sexy-fying a look.
4) Team up with a friend. Power in numbers, people (yes, that includes flamingos).
5) Still stumped? Just think of your favorite character in pop culture (be it Princess Leia or Lydia Deetz).
Check them all out in the gallery, and then let us know on Twitter and Facebook what you're planning to go as!