the face: just cavalli
straight off the milan runways, it's makeup for girls who think perfection is boring.
September 20 2013
As Terry Barber, the MAC makeup artist behind the look, put it, "She's an effortless 'urban' who likes her makeup in a lived-in way...she finds perfection trashy."
Basically, the ultimate weekend look. Here's the plan: First you need to get "perfection is trashy" tattooed on your wrist, and then follow along with his steps to get the rest of the beauty look:
1) Lightly blend MAC Face and Body Foundation to even and tone with a beautiful, sheer finish to skin.
2) Mix together MAC Care Blends Essential Oils and Pearl Cream Colour Base and blend over strategic place to ensure the highlights are effective.
3) Apply MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline through the lashes first to live on the skin in a "teenage" way.
4) Blend MAC Cultivating Chic from their Spring '14 Trend Forecast/Eye palette across the eyelid and under the eye with a small fluffy brush.
5) Then use the pencil in Feline again, drawing it through the lower lashline in an extended straight line and once again through the upper lashes, creating a lengthening oval around eyes versus a feline flick.
6) Comb MAC Clear Brow Set through the brow to lightly define and set.
7) Press MAC Have a Lovely Day! Casual Colour (available spring '14) into lips and then powder for a fresh matte nude to finish.