Take Style Cues from Lady Gaga’s 'Joanne'
Curated outfits based on every song from the album
A lot can happen in just two years. To wait for the drop of Lady Gaga’s fifth studio album, during that time frame (759 days to be exact), seems like an unbearable test of patience, but one that Little Monsters were more than willing to endure. The Princess of Pop slayed the music game yet again in her long-awaited Joanne, which graces topics of all things sentimental, social, and inspirational (and is currently chillin’ at the No. 1 Album slot on the Billboard Chart). It has us reflecting on important roles of friendship, freedom, and fearlessness in our lives. In addition to Gaga's renown fandom conceived by her vocals, she has also formed an immense following due to her extraordinary sense of style—deemed all things beautiful, bizarre, and simply riveting.
To honor the passionate divergence of Joanne and Gaga's reputable wardrobe wisdom, we’ve collected a melody of looks that inspire us through her every new song—and, of course, give us the ultimate authority to rock the dance floor. Click through the gallery below to check 'em out.
These "wild American" pieces are leaving us with starry eyes and quickening the beat of our diamond hearts.
1. Hayley Elsaesser, Shooting Star Blazer, $232, available at NYLONshop; 2. Lulu’s, Totally Obsessed Burgundy Velvet Slip Dress, $46, available at Lulu's; 3. Zara, Metallic Leather Jacket, $149, available at Zara; ASOS, Noisy May Girlfriend Ankle Grazer Jeans With All Over Rips & Stars, $64, available at ASOS.
This upbeat tune is performed in true Gaga fashion: chic and confident.
1. Missy Skins, Regal Biker Style Leather Jacket, $506, available at NYLONshop; 2. Kimchi Blue, Geo Gold Sequin Deep-V Romper, $89, available at Urban Outfitters; 3. Bottle Blonde, Metallic Rainbow Co-ord, $57, available at ASOS; 4. NastyGal, New York's in Love Satin Trousers in Pink, $88 available at Nasty Gal.
We’re brought back in time to a period of freedom and folk with Gaga’s profoundly emotional and inspirational lyrics in her album’s title ballad.
1. Nasty Gal, Delfina Maxi Dress, $78, available at NastyGal; 2. Lily and Lionel for Free People, Star Maxi Dress, $168, available at Free People; 3. Pixie Market, Ivory Ruffled Jumpsuit, $50, available at Pixie Market; 4. R13, Slip Grunge Dress, $695, available at Shop Super Street.
Because the classic cowboy needs an equally fearless fashionista next to his side.
1. ASOS, Trophy Embellished Fringed Top, $98, available at ASOS; 2. Etro, Patchwork jacquard flared pants, $812, available at The Outnet; 3. Topshop, Floral Embroidered Jacket, $125, available at Topshop; 4. Crossroads, Paisley Off The Shoulder Top, $30, available at Dolls Kill.
Dancin’ In Circles
These must-haves will keep us funkin’ downtown all night long.
1. BOG Collective, Crushed Velvet Lace Midi Slip Dress, $79, available at Urban Outfitters; 2. Stone Cold Fox x Free People, Halston Jumpsuit, $460, available at Free People; 3. PETITE, Velvet Pleated Midi Dress, $160, available at Topshop; 4. Dolores Haze, Python Pin-Up Shorts, $115, available at NYLONshop.
This rock 'n' roll anthem and bold statement jackets are the ideal post-breakup remedies.
1. High Heels Suicide, Property of No One Jacket, $125, available at NYLONshop; 2. Mariana Guerrero, Felipe Vintage Jacket, $250, available at NYLONshop; 3. High Heels Suicide, Not Your Babe Denim Jacket, $106, available at NYLONshop; 4. US By Understated Leather, Slogan Satin Bomber Jacket, $249, available at Urban Outfitters.
This song has us closing the door on a million matters, and a refined sweater is an ideal look for starting something new.
1. Pixie Market, Striped Balloon Sleeved Sweater, $62, available at Pixie Market; 2. Pixie Market, Ivory Oversize Sleeve Tie Sweater, $139, available at Pixie Market; 3. Forever 21, Selfie Leslie Open-Knit Sweater, $48, available at Forever 21; 4. Zara, Long Ribbed Dress, $36, available at Zara
We’re taking a wild guess that this sinner prayed for some serious style.
1. Killstar, Huntress Fringe Dress, $104, available at NYLONshop; 2. Vince Camuto, Off-the-Shoulder Bell Sleeve Dress, $119, available at Dillard's; 3. Dolores Haze, Mother Mary Crop Top and Skirt, $150 and $245, available at NYLONshop; 4. Nasty Gal, Jilly Flare Pants, $35, available at Nasty Gal.
Come To Mama
Feel precious, young, and shamelessly innocent in these pieces for Mama.
1. 24 HRS, Daddy Sweater in Black, $70, available at NYLONshop; 2. The Moon Cult, Problem Child Cropped Tank, $36, available at NYLONshop; 3. O Mighty, Darling Muscle Tank, $45, availible at Dolls Kill; 4. Forever 21, Pizza Donut PJ Pants, $16, available at Forever 21.
This iconic duet has us summoning our girls just as much as we need these sisterly staples.
1. Nasty Gal x Petals and Peacocks, Best Babes Tank Set, $29, available at Nasty Gal; 2. High Heels Suicide, Girl Gang Moto Jacket, $170, available at NYLONshop; 3. Tees And Tank You Shop, Pink Best Friend Crewnecks, $18 each, available at Etsy; 4. Missguided, Blondie Punk T-Shirt, $26, available at Missguided.
As the tune heralds the fundamentals of peace, we turn to these timeless and modest styles.
1. ModCoth, I Glam Hardly Believe It Jacket in Olive, $55, available at Modcloth; 2. Pixie Market, Check Pleated Midi Skirt, $119, available at Pixie Market; 3. Topshop, Patchwork Lace Shift Dress, $160, available at Topshop; Ji Oh, Peace Emoji Sweater, $179, available at Barney’s Warehouse.
Girl power and the ideal glass of pinot are the driving factors in this soulful anthem.
1. Topshop, Chain Velvet Cowl Neck Dress, $55, available at Topshop; 2. NYLON x Petals and Peacocks, Girl Power Bomber Jacket, $140, available at NYLONshop; 3. Blue Life, Life’s Good Romper, $168, available at Planet Blue; 4. Article&, Hari Jumpsuit, $84, available at Article&.
Just Another Day
We’ll “pick up unique style” and “create simple thoughts” with these sweet, minimalistic pieces.
1. Pixie Market, Blush Off The Shoulder Sweater, $48, available at Pixie Market; 2. Topshop, Jersey Boyfriend Blazer, $74, available at Topshop; 3. Article&, Grayson Jumpsuit, $98, available at Article&; 4. Article&, Nervure Turtleneck in Khaki, $39, available at Article&.