super clyde me
six reasons rupert grint's new tv show should be on air.
Good news first: the pilot episode of Super Clyde, a new TV show starring Grint as the titular Clyde, is available to watch for free online. That means you should stop whatever you're doing and pencil in--no, pen in--22 minutes of ginger loving to your schedule now! In the show Grint plays a geeky teen obsessed with comic books who comes up with his own way to be a superhero after inheriting a large sum of money from a relative. Feeling stoked? Well, now you've got to hear the grim Grint news: despite having a funny first episode, Super Clyde wasn't picked up for a season by CBS, the network that bought the pilot. Crying inside? Us too.
After watching the episode, though, we think CBS should have given the comedy a shot on the air. Here are our favorite moments, which are all reasons we'd tune in to a show weekly!
1. Ruper Grint's American Accent: We would watch Grint do almost anything, but talking like an American is high on our list because it makes our dream of him as our boyfriend seem a little more real.
2. Stephen Fry is His Butler/BFF: Hysterical! Stephen Fry is pretty much a comic genius, and he plays the straight man to Grint's kooky teen with panache.
3. Clyde is Part Superhero...: Considering the success of Kick-Ass and Scott Pilgrim, we'd think that a nerdy teenage hero would do pretty well on the pop culture scene.
4. ... And Part Oprah and Part Robin Hood: So his "superhero" thing is to give gifts to people who deserve them, sort of like when Oprah gives you a car or Robin Hood gives you 50 bucks. We really need a British boy BFF to watch movies with... so maybe Clyde could, like, hook us up with that.
5. Rupert Grint Dances: And it's a lot better than his Yule Ball waltz.
6. Ruper Grint Takes a Selfie: With a 35mm film camera no less. But whatever. We love it.
Watch the pilot here now! Should we start a petition to bring Super Clyde to the air? Tweet us your thoughts.