It's obvious these days that wellness does not simply mean an hour spent at the gym. Wellness has become a lifestyle, whether through the cardio classes that give us a momentary high or the athleisure we wholeheartedly invest in.
Russell Bateman of Skinny Bitch Collective—famous for creating the exercise regimen of today’s top models and, well, skinny bitches—has turned cold sweat into a way of life. An invitation-only class with a waitlist of thousands on the rise, SBC is the most exclusive workout there is. Bateman has a modern cult of fitness fanatics that include the likes of Ellie Goulding and Suki Waterhouse.
But this trainer has more up his sleeve than just squats and six packs—he's also a photographer. When he isn’t whipping his trainees into shape with lunges and “crab walks," he's capturing them in stunning shots for magazines like Vogue and W. The demand for his artistic vision from behind the camera is only growing.
We collaborated with Bateman on an exclusive original editorial to showcase the hottest activewear for your own sweat-breaking workout routine, now available at NYLONshop. But before you check it out, the expert himself left us with some tips for both amateurs and experts looking to up their wellness game:
- Have sex every morning. (We're down!)
- Eat a high-fiber diet with large amounts of cruciferous vegetables, such as kale. They contain diindolylmethane to help rid your body of excess estrogen, which could be making your legs bigger.
- Tell someone you love them.
- Work to have one fitness session every day.
- Make wheat, sugar, and alcohol an everyday staple.
- Miss breakfast. Morning nourishment is necessary, and how your body makes up for substandard nutrition throughout your other daily meals.
- Eat plane food. He describes it as "packaged death."
- Stress over the bad decisions. Learn to love yourself unconditionally.
Click through the gallery below to check out the editorial, and, of course, shop the shoot at NYLONshop. We guarantee it'll get you pumped for your next trip to the gym.
Photographer: by Russell Bateman
Makeup: Jerami Robins
Stylist: Amber Bek
Model: Claire at Elite