What To Wear To A Summer Wedding By Guest Style
Five no-fail looks
Summer wedding season is in full swing, which means it can become a bit daunting to put together the perfect look for every occasion, every time—especially if you’ve sworn off repeating a look for the sake of Instagram photos.
It’s one thing to find the perfect dress, but even once you do that, you’re still left trying to coordinate those just-as-important accessories.
Well, we’re here to make things easier for you. We put together five foolproof wedding guest looks, from the dress (or suit!) down to shoes and bags, based on your style. Now, you can worry less about what to wear, and focus more on making sure you catch that bouquet or have that cake.
Click through the gallery below to check out our picks.
Embrace your inner minimalist by opting for clean lines and simple silhouettes with just the right pop of color. Try pairing a graphic dress with a solid, block-heeled mule for a look that's both modern and comfortable.
1. Need Supply Co., Wilke Slip Dress, $130, available at Need Supply Co.; 2. Lila Rice, Disc Hoops, $92, available at Lila Rice; 3. Lizzie Fortunato, Pick Up Sticks Pouch, $105, available at Bona Drag; 4. Jeffrey Campbell, Perpetua Mule, $110, available at Jeffrey Campbell.
The Summer Witch
While you may normally opt to wear all-black all-the-time, no matter the occasion, refresh your look with a colorful accessory. This evil eye clutch by Poppy Lissiman is bold and fun, while still giving off major mystical vibes.
1. Poppy Lissiman, Serpent Worship Clutch, $110, available at Poppy Lissiman; 2. & Other Stories, Crescent Moon Bar Earrings, $25, available at & Other Stories; 3. Modern Citizen, Handkerchief Draped Mini Dress, $80, available at Modern Citizen; 4. Barneys, Zea Ankle-Wrap Sandals, $350, available at Barneys.
The Vintage Enthusiast
Intricate beading, pearl details, and vintage-inspired kitten heels make the perfect '20s-inspired party look.
1. ModCloth, Philharmonic Of Time Dress, $169.99, available at ModCloth; 2. Moyna, Vintage Style Clutch Bag With Delicate Beading, $81.50, available at ASOS; 3. Seychelles, Song And Dance, $95, available at Seychelles; 4. Kenneth Jay Lane, Silver-Plated Faux Pearl Choker, $260, available at Kenneth Jay Lane.
Borrowed from the Boys
While a suit may not always be a lady's first choice as a wedding guest look, menswear-inspired silhouettes can be incredibly chic and unexpected for a special occasion. And just because it's a suit, doesn't mean it has to be basic and black (just take a look at a Gucci men's show, for example). This floral suit from Zara is perfect for any summertime soiree, especially when paired with Oxford-inspired slip-ons.
1. Zara, Printed Straight-Cut Trousers, $25.99, available at Zara; 2. Zara, Long Printed Jacket, $59.99, available at Zara; 3. Zara, Lace Trim Double Layer Top, $25.99, available at Zara; 4. Rebecca Minkoff, Leo Clutch, $95, available at Rebecca Minkoff; 5. Nixon, Kensington 37MM, $175, available at Nixon; 6. Stuart Weitzman, The Mulething Flat, $199, available at Stuart Weitzman.
While this free-spirited style may be a festival favorite, it can totally be dressed up for a more wedding-appropriate look. Skip out on your go-to leather fringe accessories and opt for leather lace-up sandals and a bamboo wooden clutch to look more polished.
1. Cult Gaia, Gaias Ark, $88, available at Cult Gaia; 2. Vanessa Mooney, The Runaways Choker, $75, available at Vanessa Mooney; 3. Mes Demoiselles, Coral Hermione Dress, $297, available at Bona Drag; 4. Steve Madden, Kittyy, $89.95, available at Steve Madden.