The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story
your fave ’90s show makes a comeback.
What happens when you take six unknown teenage actors and launch them into the spotlight in what would become the mega-hit Saved By The Bell? A whole lot of high school drama, set between the faux lockers of Bayside High. And Lifetime is exposing it all in its new film The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story, set to air Sept. 1. We can't begin to express all the reasons why we're excited for the revamp, so here are our top five:
- Lifetime recruited casting director Robbin Lippin for this project. Lippin didn't only hand-pick the original SBTB cast—he's also the man behind the insane ensemble of Lizzie McGuire, too!
- And the cast is awesome! We predict Degrassi star Dylan Everett, who plays Mark-Paul Gosselaar, will be the next teen heartthrob.
- The screenplay is based off hours of brand-new cast and crew interviews, so you know we're getting the real dirt.
- The film gives us an insight to what it's like to grow up in the '90s public eye.
- It airs on TV at 9pm, so you can binge watch old episodes all day and switch straight to the movie without having to leave your couch.
Just in case you need a refresher, check out the opening credits for the original series here.