7 Things You Need to Know About the Next 007 Movie
At a press conference earlier today, director Sam Mendes spilled the beans about the 24th James Bond movie,more
which hits U.K. theaters on October 23 and lands stateside on November 6. The forthcoming film will once again star Daniel Craig, who makes his fourth appearance as 007. It's the first Bond flick since 2012's Skyfall, also helmed by Mendes, and while there aren't a ton of details—the thing doesn't even start shooting until Monday—here are seven things we know.
1. It's called Spectre. Bond fans will recognize that as an acronym for Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion—a criminal syndicate featured in the '60s films.
2. It'll have some killer scenery. Shooting is set to take place in London, Mexico City, Rome, Tangier, and Erfoud, Morocco.
3. There are two new "Bond girls." Italian actress Monica Bellucci will play Lucia Sciarra, while Lea Seydoux of France has been tapped as Madeleine Swann.
4. Bond's got a sweet new ride.
It's an Aston Martin DB10, the latest model from a manufacturer our hero's been digging on since '64.
5. Craig's not the only one returning.
Ralph Fiennes reprises his role as M, while Naomie Harris returns as Moneypenny, Ben Whishaw again plays Q, and Rory Kinnear portrays Tanner.
6. This time, it's personal (again).
, we'll get some of Bond's backstory, as the plot will see "a cryptic message from Bond's past send him on a trail to uncover a sinister organization."
7. It'll feature skiing.
In fact, two-time Oscar winner Christoph Waltz is playing a character called Oberhauser, which is also the name of Bond's former ski instructor. There are rumors Waltz will actually portray Ernst Stavro Blofeld, one of Bond's old nemeses, but producers say we'll have to "wait and see."