photo by will anderson
freebie friday: bag check
win free beauty products from our september issue.
by erin lukas
Fall’s cooler temperatures may have you sticking to those tried-and-true neutrals in your wardrobe, but we're huge proponents for flashes of neon and loud pops of color, in case you haven't noticed. So, we propose that you liven up your monotone looks with some bright, vivid makeup looks.
In that spirit, we’re giving away a ton of amazing beauty products from our September fashion issue for you to play with—because the only thing better than a set of fresh-and-clean outfits is a rad beauty look to match.
So what are you waiting for? Fill out the survey below for a chance to win.
SEPTEMBER 2014 BAG CHECK SWEEPSTAKES
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
- Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years of age or older upon entry. Employees, officers and directors (including immediate family members or members of the household) of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies and all other companies or entities associated with the sweepstakes are not eligible to participate.
- How to Enter. To enter, go online to NYLON.COM and submit your name, age, and email address. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (Eastern Time), on September 12, 2014, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) on September 19, 2014. All entries, once submitted, become the property of the Sponsor and shall not be returned. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules which shall be final in all respects. Only one entry is allowed per person.
- Winner Selection. On September 23, 2014, NYLON shall randomly select one winner from all eligible entries received.
- Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to one (1) winner consisting of the following: One (1) Obessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar/Metallic in Manhunter, one (1) Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Eye Palette, one (1) Tarte Dreamy LipSurgence Lip Tint, one (1) Sephora Collection Things Are Looking Up Eyelash Curler, one (1) UBU Boom Blink Curved Eyelash Curler, one (1) CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara in Very Black, one (1) Maybelline New York Baby Lips in 90 Minty Sheer, one (1) Got2b Glued Spiking Wax, one (1) TopShop Nail Polish in Clique, and one (1) TopShop Nail Polish Totally Tumeric. Any additional expenses incurred in connection with the prize will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Approximate retail value of the prize is $172.13. Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters regarding this sweepstakes. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner is responsible for all applicable Federal, State and local taxes.
- Conditions. Winner must respond within 24 hours from the date winner is notified. If winner fails to respond within the time limit, winner shall have forfeited the prize and it shall be within Sponsor’s sole discretion to select an alternate winner. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or substitution will be allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. By participating, where allowable by law, entrant grants to Sponsor the worldwide right to publish, broadcast and use in any media, including the World Wide Web, entrant's entry, name, picture, and likeness, without limitation, for promotional and advertising purposes without additional compensation. Winner may be required, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release within ten (10) days of the issuance of such documents or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If these rules differ from any promotional or other materials published in connection with the sweepstakes, these rules shall control.
- Liability. Entrant agrees to release and hold Sponsor, its officers, directors, affiliates, employees, contractors, subsidiaries, agents and partners harmless from and against all liability, arising from or in any way related to this sweepstakes. Entrant shall indemnify Sponsor, its officers, directors, affiliates, contractors, subsidiaries, agents, employees and partners from and against all claims or suits and any damages or costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to entrant’s violation or inaccuracy of any warrantees or representations made relating to this sweepstakes. Sponsor is not liable for any entries that are lost, late, damaged, stolen, tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, forged, illegible, mutilated, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and do not assume responsibility for any typing/printing error, human error, omission, theft, destruction, unauthorized access, alteration, or malfunction of any kind that causes any injury, damage, or loss to any person resulting from participation in this sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any fraud or misconduct on the part of entrants. Should an entrant engage in fraud or misconduct of any nature, including but not limited to a violation of the Official Rules, such participant shall be subject to immediate disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or amend the sweepstakes at any time if the fairness, integrity, and or proper administration of the sweepstakes is jeopardized.IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, OR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Entrant's sole damages shall be limited to entrant's actual out of pocket expenses, excluding attorneys’ fees.
- Law. This sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply. Sweepstakes is governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without regard to any choice of law principles. Entrant hereby agrees and irrevocably consents to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of New York and of the United States of America located in the State of New York, USA, for any and all claims arising from or related to this sweepstakes. Entrant agrees that all claims relating to this sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- Entire Agreement. These Official Rules set forth the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings relating thereto, whether oral or written.
- Sweepstakes Sponsor. NYLON Magazine, 110 Greene St. Suite 607, New York, NY 10012.