Usually one Beauty Queen a day is enough. But considering last night’s Emmy Awards was filled with makeup, hair, and nails that we want to copy--immediately
--there’s no point in having to choose just one favorite when you can have them all.We’ve narrowed down our top beauty looks to the ones below, and got the scoop from the experts behind them on how to score them for ourself. So whether you’re obsessed with Zooey Deschanel’s manicure, Sarah Hyland’s dark lip, or Kate Mara’s slick hair, get the step-by-step guide here and click through the gallery to see them all up close. The 2013 Emmys beauty school is now in session!Kate Mara’s Hair:
To show off Mara’s new bob, she and her stylist Alex Pollilo went for a sleek, glossy ‘do.
2. Using a flat brush and a blowdryer on a medium setting, brush hair flat to the head and then follow with heat from the dryer.Zooey Deschanel’s Nails:
Deschanel and the man behind her manicure, Tom Bachik, went for a geometric-inspired checkerboard look with teeny mustaches on her thumbs. See the close-up version here
2. Apply L’oreal Paris Colour Riche Nail in After Hours
to create the checkerboard pattern in a reverse pattern from finger to finger.
3. Using the back of a makeup brush for a tip, paint on tiny dots for to create the 3D textured sequin effect.
4. Spin the brush of the After Hours shade on thumbs to create a tiny mustache.Michelle Dockery’s Perfect Skin:
Makeup artist Jordan Long wanted to keep the focus on Dockery’s perfect, porcelain complexation--we don’t blame her one bit.
1. Prep face with moisturizer, eye cream and lip balm.