Upon first glance, the Joker might be the beauty star of 1989's
(Note: "beauty," not "beautiful"). After all, he's the one who cakes on the pigments and poisons from Gotham's cosmetic supply to leave residents eternally "happy." But it's Vicki Vale (Kim Basinger), the object of both Bruce Wayne and The Joker's affections, who truly hits a style home run. So to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the iconic film's release, we've rounded up our favorite Vicki Vale beauty moments and shared the tricks to getting them in 2014. Click through the slideshow to see them all and you may just find your own superhero!
Vicki first comes onto the scene at a charity benefit at Wayne Manor determined to uncover Batman's true identity. Decked out in a so-'80s-it-hurts dress, she keeps the beauty to a minimum with subtly-lined lids and soft brushed-out waves. Unbeknownst to her, Bruce Wayne (Batman) asks her on a date because no one in their right mind can resist a peachy pink pout.
And, as expected, Vicki picks the best first date beauty look in recorded history: lightly scrunched hair and a nude lip. Natural beauty is best, especially when it comes to true love.
Their relationship quickly goes south when Bruce lies and says he has to leave town (it's not easy living a double life!). But Vicki, being the resourceful photojournalist that she is, follows Bruce around town. She doesn't uncover his secret, but she somehow
manage to uncover the trick to actually looking French chic in an oversized black beret.
Back at The Gotham Globe, Vicki wears a low pony, red lip, and oversized dark frames because in order to get down to business, you need to dress the part.
She eventually helps Batman save the day, but it's her look from earlier on in the film that saves us from looking like a monster on those high-snooze mornings: the amazing deep part with a braided accent. Oh, and how could we forget that red lip?
1. Smooth your hair with bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil.
2. Blow out your hair with a round hairbrush. We love this one from Philip B..
3. Line your eyes with Bare Minerals Lasting Line Long-Wearing Eyeliner in Always Charcoal.
4. Pat your lips with Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 in Peach Passion.
1. Work MoroccanOil Volumizing Mousse into damp hair.
2. Blowdry hair using a diffuser, scrunching along the way.
4. Rub a little Tarte Airblush Marcuja Blush in Shimmering Peach on the apples of your cheeks.
5. Apply a hydrating lip balm, like Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm.
1. Apply bumble and bumble Straight Blow Dry to your locks.
2. Top your all-black ensemble off with a black beret.
1. Blow dry hair straight, lightly backcomb at the crown, and pull into a low-slung ponytail.
2. Smooth flyaways with Oribe Superfine Strong Hair Spray.
1. Blowdry hair in the opposite direction of your part.
2. Comb hair out with Mason Pearson 'Handy Mixture' Nylon & Boar Bristle Hair Brush.
3. Part hair on the opposite side.
4. Make a quick, small braid on the opposite side of your part.
5. Apply Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint in Cherry.