The recipe for this year’s Comic-Con went a little something like this:
1. Take thousands of fans from all over the world.
2. Dress them up in costumes inspired by Game of Thrones, The Hunger Games, and more.
3. Throw in celebrities, including Daniel Radcliffe, Chloe Moretz, Nina Dobrev, and Elle Fanning.
4. Pepper with some epic film announcements, spoilers, and movie trailer debuts.
5. Swirl together and shake well.
Judging from these ingredients, it’s not surprising that this year’s Comic-Con was absolutely insane in the best way possible. Between the celebrities, the cosplay, and the fans themselves, enough madness happened the past few years to keep people talking about the event all week. But if you missed it, not to worry--we’ve got your complete recap right here. Consider this the Sparknotes version of Comic-Con 2014...so let’s get started. Then, check out exclusive photos in the gallery.
SO many new trailers! Mockingjay is only the beginning...check out all the other awesome trailers for Mad Max, Family Guy, Constantine, and more below.
Even celebrities got in on the costume action. Daniel Radcliffe reportedly dressed up like Spider-Man.
Lois Lowry gave tons of deets--some good, some bad-- about the process of transforming her classic novel The Giver into a movie.
“Virtual death” is apparently a thing, and fans could experience this as a promo for Game of Thrones. Whoa.
The Simpsons made sure everyone knew it was the show’s 25th anniversary by making appearances throughout the convention, whether it was Homer’s giant head in “Homerdome” or Marge Simpson’s MAC collab.
For The Hunger Games, fans could DIY white T-shirts and try fresh-baked goods from Peeta’s bakery.