Itching to start your fall shopping, but not sure where to begin? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
With every new season, comes its own set of trends, so we looked back to February’s runways for a bit of guidance. As we approach curating our vibe for fall, we honed in on the five major (and wearable!) trends that we saw everywhere last winter. From the cowgirl comeback to fall’s hottest new color and, of course, a healthy dose of plaid, consider the below your guide to fall shopping.
Click through the gallery to read more about each trend and find out where to shop them.
The Wild Wild West
Come this fall, get ready to bust out your inner cowgirl. Designers like Adam Selman and Raf Simons for Calvin Klein sent Western themes down the runways, and it’s definitely caught on as a full-on trend. Western shirts with rose embroidery, cowboy boots, and tons more are your weapons of choice when it comes to rocking this trend. Yeehaw!
1. ASOS, Sacred Hawk Western Shirt, $56, available at ASOS.
2. Steve Madden, Truthful Boot, $99.95, available at Steve Madden.
3. Rebecca Minkoff, Small Vanity Sandal, $295, available at Rebecca Minkoff.
4. Levis, Classic Western Shirt, $79.50, available at Levis.
Mad For Plaid
Plaid for fall? Groundbreaking. But really, rather than the grungy flannels we’ve been cozying up to every time the temperatures begin the drop, this fall, plaid is all about being more polished. Tartans and check prints appear in the form of pantsuits, mini skirts, and accessories—how very prep school chic.
1. Halogen, Plaid Miniskirt, $69, available at Nordstrom.
2. No. 21, Embellished Plaid Canvas Ankle Boots, $785, available at Net-A-Porter.
3. Loewe, Puzzle Pouch, $650, available at Barneys.
4. Topshop, Check Mensy Jacket And Trousers Set, $95, available at Topshop.
While fall colors tend to be dark and dreary in comparison to those of the summer, this season’s flash of bold reds is all we need to keep our spirits lifted. Everything from outwear to our favorite ankle booties gets a vibrant update. Pair with a matte red lip to tie your look together.
1. ASOS, Longline Boyfriend Coat, $111, available at ASOS.
2. & Other Stories, Chain Shoulder Bag, $125, available at & Other Stories.
3. Dorateymur, Sybil Leek Suede Heel Boots, $480, available at Opening Ceremony.
4. Topshop, Knitted Crop Jumper, $65, available at Topshop.
This season, your velvet gets fancier. Slip dresses, bohemian silhouettes, and all of your party accessories get the soft and shiny treatment, and they’re perfect for the holiday party circuit and beyond.
1. Free People, Spliced Velvet High Split Maxi Dress, $117, available at ASOS.
2. Opening Ceremony, Sage Velvet Harness Booties, $395, available at Opening Ceremony.
3. Rebecca Minkoff, Velvet Chevron Quilted Love Crossbody, $295, available at Rebecca Minkoff.
4. X Revolve, Krause Dress, $238, available at Revolve.
Unlike the abstract florals we’re used to seeing summer after summer, fall’s take on the print is much more elegant and refined. Paying homage to florals of the past, this season’s printed and embroidered ready-to-wear and accessories have an elegant and slightly vintage feel.
1. C/MEO Collective, Fusion Long Sleeve Dress, $210, available at Fashion Bunker.
2. Nasty Gal Come Into Bloom Floral Mule, $45, available at Nasty Gal.
3. Free People, Cecile Brocade Backpack, $48, available at Free People.
4. Zara, Floral Print Blazer, $69.90, available at Zara.