The Fault In Our Stars Press Conference
The Fault in Our Stars
will premiere in exactly one month--that's four weeks, 30 days, 720 hours, or 43200 minutes! (Um, not like we're counting or anything…) Needless to say, I'm excited.
So when I heard there would be a live press conference with actors Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Laura Dern, Sam Trammell, Nat Wolff, John Green, and director Josh Boone, I was there faster than you can say, "Sisyphus the Hamster." As a huge fan of both the book and the movie, I could barely contain my excitement when everyone walked onstage. Besides letting fans in on some behind-the-scenes secrets, the panel also revealed some little-known facts about the film. So while we're waiting for June 6 to arrive, see the best moments from the press conference below!
1. Shailene Woodley made popcorn every night after filming wrapped for the day.
2. There is a John Green cameo on the special extended blu-ray edition of the film.
3. Ansel stole 3 packs of cigarettes from the set after filming wrapped.
4. Shailene kept Augustus' sports jersey.
5. A brand of cigarettes was created exclusively for the film. It's called Golden Hare.
6. One of Sam Trammell's sons is named Gus (Augustus Waters' nickname).
7. Ansel Elgort is mega talented: he acts, produces EDM, dances ballet, plays the piano, and wins awards for his painted miniatures.
8. John Green actually lived in Amsterdam for a bit when he wrote
The Fault in Our Stars.
9. Shailene won the role of Hazel after she read the eulogy scene for director Josh Boone (even though he was initially turned off by her enthusiasm).
10. Director Josh Boone told Nat Wolff to feel up his movie girlfriend during an intimate scene (poor Nat...).