Considering the music industry isn't exactly known for keeping things mellow, the Grammys are the one night where we can count on everyone to pull out their wildest, most awesomely out-there ensembles. And whether it's Katy Perry in Valentino dress or Pharrell's giant hat, they definitely didn't disappoint on the fashion front.
But when it came to last night's best beauty looks, many of them were surprisingly low key.
Lorde went classically vampy with deep purple lips, which she paired with straight (!) hair. Meanwhile, Sarah Hyland sported a roughed-up bun; Anna Kendrick showed off cascading waves and a glowing complexion, and Sara Bareilles proved she's the latest to get in on the cornrow-inspired braid game.
We got the step-by-step guide from the stars' stylists themselves, so you can recreate each of the looks yourself. Now the only hard part is deciding what to wear...
ANNA KENDRICK'S MAKEUP:
1. Apply Garnier Ultra-Lift Transformer Anti-Age Skin Corrector mixed with Maybelline New York Fit Me Foundation along the bridge of nose, cheeks, chin and forehead. Use Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer under eyes and set with Maybelline New York Dream Wonder Powder.
2. Dab Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Glaze in Pink Fever on cheeks.
3. Apply Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded from the lash line to the brow bone, and under the lower lashes in the inside corners of the eyes. Then, use Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal in Bad to the Bronze; starting in the middle of the lid, extending out and beyond the natural eye, and then wrapping under the bottom lashes.
4. Finish by layering Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Blackest Black to the base of the lashes and applying two coats of Maybelline New York Falsies Big Eyes Mascara.
SARAH HYLAND'S HAIR:
1. Prep damp hair with Bumble and Bumble Thickening Full Form Mouse, then blow dry.
2. Wrap sections around a curling iron or wand in different directions for extra wave, and use Osmo Essence Clay Wax for added definition.
3. Secure the lengths of the hair in a bun at the back of the head leaving out the hair line and the crown. Finish by pinning pieces of the hair line and crown back towards your bun leaving them loose with texture.
SARA BAREILLES' HAIR:
1. Prep the hair look by applying Garnier Fructis Style Deconstructed Beach Chic Texturizing Spray on damp hair, then rough up for extra texture.
2. Next, create loose corn-row braids from the front to the back of head.
3 Wrap the ends of her hair that were not braided in different directions around a 1 ¼ inch curling iron and apply Garnier Fructis Style Deconstructed Move It Manipulating Gel.
1. Line lips with MAC Lip Pencil in Vino
2. Fill in using a mixture of MAC Cyber and MAC Heroine
1. Use Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy Damage and Color Repair Shampoo and Conditioner for shine.
2. Once hair is washed and towel dried, spray Sachajuan's Ocean Mist for texture. Smooth hair out with a T3 Featherweight 2 Dryer and a Sonia Kashuk brush.
3. Use GHD's Tri-Zone Flat Iron to create waves from mid-lengths to ends and finish with nickel sized amount of Oribe's Fiber Groom on ends.