Handsome Ghost Mixes Beauty With The Bends In New Song
Longing is one helluva inspiration
The song "beauty/bends:" is one of our first tastes of the debut. It's a song born on the road, filled with longing and the ache that distance inspires. Handsome Ghost's Tim Noyes says it was written toward the end of their first tour, outside a Virginia hotel. "The song, at its core, is an apology to someone who was very close to me for a very long time," he says. "I got myself really lost there for a bit, and the people I loved paid the price. Now it's my turn."
Noyes sings of getting things right, knowing where he went wrong, and how things could have been different. Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? "I'm trying to learn from it," he says. "That's the best I can hope for right now."
Listen, below, and be sure to catch Handsome Ghost when they embark on their next headlining tour this May with Frances Cone. Tickets go on sale Friday, March 24 at 10am.
- May 2 at Brighton Music Hall in Boston, MA
- May 3 at Baby’s All Right in Brooklyn, NY
- May 5 at The High Watt in Nashville, TN
- May 7 at Three Links in Dallas, TX
- May 9 at White Oak Music Hall in Houston, TX
- May 11 at Club Congress in Tucson, AZ
- May 12th at The Hideout in San Diego, CA
- May 16 at The Hotel Café in Los Angeles, CA
- May 17 at Swedish American Hall in San Francisco, CA
- May 20 at The Timbre Room in Seattle, WA
- May 21 at Doug Fir Lounge in Portland, OR
- May 24 at Globe Hall in Denver, CO
- May 26 at Beat Kitchen in Chicago, IL
- May 28 at The Frequency in Madison, WI
- May 30 at HiFi in Indianapolis, IN
- May 31 at Beachland Tavern in Cleveland, OH