There's an emptiness to Haux's music. It's not a negative emptiness, but a lofty one—cinematic and almost profound. His debut EP, last year's All We've Known, echoed with wanderlust and solitude. As a producer, Haux seemed eager to soothe the listener through misty reflections on life.
With "Touch," however, Haux picks up the pace a little. There's a sensual element to it, mimicked by the gradual swelling and ultimate dissolve of the track. It's a love song of hesitant lovers, dancing around carnal desires and the longing to be free. Haux says it "binds the details of someone you always remember with the nights that you always forget." Memory's sweetness can often be just as bitter.
"I’ve always been drawn to the past," Haux adds. "There’s something about it that’s both set in stone yet still awake. 'Touch' brings the past into the present."
Listen to the song here and catch Haux on his headlining tour this spring.
- April 25 in Boston, MA at Great Scott (TICKETS)
- April 27 in Brooklyn, NY at Baby’s All Right (TICKETS)
- April 29 in Washington, DC at Songbyrd (TICKETS)
- May 3 in Seattle, WA at Barboza (TICKETS)
- May 4 in Portland, OR at The Fremont Theater (TICKETS)
- May 6 in San Francisco, CA at Brick & Mortar Music Hall (TICKETS)
- May 7 in Los Angeles, CA at Bootleg Theater (TICKETS)
- May 17 in Manchester, UK at Sound Control (TICKETS)
- May 18 in London, UK at The Lexington (TICKETS)
- May 19 in Brighton, UK at The Great Escape (TICKETS)
- May 21 in Paris, France at La Maison Sage (TICKETS)
- May 23 in Cologne, Germany at YUCA (TICKETS)
- May 24 in Berlin, Germany at Musik & Frieden (TICKETS)
- May 28 in Amsterdam, Netherlands at Paradiso (TICKETS)