There's a dusty element to Jesse Jo Stark's new song, "Fire of Love." The kind that hangs in the air of a blues club lit by neon beer signs hanging around a billiards table. If it had a smell, "Fire of Love" would smell like leather, ash, and a hint of gardenia. All this to say, Jesse Jo Stark is a goddamn rockstar, the kind we don't see much of these days but so desperately miss.
"I wanted to write an anthem with a lady stomp,” she says. “["Fire of Love"] tells the story of loss, but it’s empowering and fearless. The woman knows just what she wants from [this moment]." Amen to that. This song moseys along with the swagger of a biker—in control, on the brink of chaos, and effortlessly cool. Listen, below.
Catch Jesse Jo Stark on tour this summer with Sunflower Bean:
- 6/8 in Houston, TX at White Oak Music Hall Upstairs
- 6/10 in Dallas, TX at Club Dada
- 6/12 in Phoenix, AZ at Valley Bar
- 6/13 in San Diego, CA at Che Café
- 6/14 in Santa Ana, CA at Constellation Room
- 6/15 in Los Angeles, CA at Teragram Ballroom