Legally Blonde 13th Anniversary
Hello, Patriots! We don’t think we've been this excited since Gucci became a publicly-traded company.....because Legally Blonde turned 13 this weekend! The Reese Witherspoon movie first premiered in theaters June 13, 2001, which means it's officially a teenager.
And for us, this means it's time to grab all the pink stuff we own, borrow a dog (preferably one named Bruiser), and bend and snap and celebrate all day long. Because not only did the flick teach us some, ahem, very important life lessons (happy people just don't shoot their husbands, you guys), but it's also one of the most clever, most quotable movies of our generation--second only to Clueless or Mean Girls.
Need some inspo to get started? Check out the 13 best lines from Legally Blonde below, then add your own in the comments.
1. "Hi. I'm Elle Woods and this is Bruiser Woods. We're both Gemini vegetarians."
2. "So you're breaking up with me because I'm too....blonde?!"
3. "And last week I saw Cameron Diaz at Fred Segal, and I talked her out of buying this truly heinous angora sweater. Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed."
4. "I worked so hard to get into law school. I blew off Greek week to study for the LSATs. I even hired a Coppola to direct my admissions video."
5. Elle Woods: "Oh! And it's scented! I think it gives it a little something extra, don't you think? Ok, well, see you next class!"
6. Paulette: "It's just the Botox. I can't show emotion for another hour and a half."
7. Warner: "You got into Harvard Law?"
Elle: "What? Like it's hard?"
8. Serena: "Elle, we came to see your trial and look! There’s like a judge and everything… and jury people."
9. "Oh, I like your outfit too, except when I dress up as a frigid bitch, I try not to look so constipated."
10. "Paulette, I taught Bruiser to shop online, I think I can handle congress."
11. "Because isn't the first cardinal rule of perm maintenance that you're forbidden to wet your hair for at least 24 hours after getting a perm at the risk of deactivating the immonium thygocolate?"
12. "I just don't think that Brooke could've done this. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't."
13. "If I'm going to be a partner in a law firm by the time I'm thirty, I need a boyfriend who's not such a complete bonehead."