the best hair and makeup looks from the met gala
why have one beauty queen when you can have five?!
all photos by getty images
1. Stylist Mark Townsend mixed unrefined coconut oil with 20 drops of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Treatment in a bowl and applied it to Mary-Kate’s hair from root to tip.
2. After applying the treatment, Townsend took her nourished hair and pulled it into a low bun, securing with few bobby pins throughout the bun.
GET ASHLEY OLSEN’S HAIR:
1. Townsend added Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Treatment to hair and blow-dried with a round brush.
2. Next, Townsend gathered her hair into a low ponytail and secured with an elastic.
3. Finally, he sprayed Oribe Soft Lacquer hairspray on a reusable mascara wand and ran it through the hair on the hairline and above the ears . He topped it off with Sally Hershberger Salon Smooth Fix on her hair and through the ponytail.
2. For the lips, Lobell used Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Luxembourg ($25).
1. Apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to wet hair from root-to-tip to create volume at the crown and give strands extra body and bounce.
2. Blow dry hair smooth using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush 35mm.
3. Starting with the top section of the head (full crown), use 1.5” barrel iron to curl hair in a backwards direction. When strands are still hot, pin the curls and allow to cool.
4. Next, take the hair on the sides of the head divide into two sections. Using a 1.5” barrel iron, curl each section towards the back of the head. When strands are still hot, pin curls and set to cool.
5. Divide rest of hair into 2″ sections and using barrel iron to create soft, full, voluminous waves. Then brush this hair using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Paddle Brush. This will soften the waves into 40’s-style waves.
6. Remove pins from top sections of hair and lightly finger-brush through ends with Moroccanoil Treatment Light to control flyaways and add extra shine.
7. Spritz Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine for a red carpet-ready, ultra-shiny finish.