chrissy teigen has body insecurities, poses nude anyway
flaunt what ya got
Chrissy Teigen is many things: A model, John Legend's wife, and a badass who constantly fights to free the nipple. It's no surprise, then, that Teigen decided to appear nude in a shoot she did with Women's Health U.K. What is surprising, however, is that Chrissy Teigen—the seemingly flawless human being she is—has qualms with her body, just like anyone else.
- She worries about what she looks like in every photo, whether it's for professional publication or for a quick upload to Instagram. "Everyone’s using those apps to fix themselves, and you can’t compete with them. If you don’t do it, then people make comments about your body, and if you do do it, then they’re like, ‘Oh, you look so great, but it's not you,'” she told Women's Health U.K.
- She doesn't have abs. "My tummy has always been my problem area. I've never seen an ab, no matter how many crunches I do."
- She recently gained 11 pounds while working on the cookbook she's releasing next year. "I've always had to watch myself. My family is not naturally thin, and we put weight on quickly."
- Though she hates working out, she does it anyway. "I used to take pride in the fact that I didn't have to work out, and then I hit that age where you have to. I want to drink Champagne and have hearty dinners, so I would rather work out for an hour and be able to do what I want."
- She wishes she had a bigger butt. "I would love to have a little fat on my sides so I can be sexy, curvy. I’d love a big butt. But I just can’t get there.”
There you have it: Even model and generally beautiful human being Chrissy Teigen isn't 100 percent in love with her body. So the next time you find yourself having a bad body-image day, know you're not alone. But remember, despite not being totally happy with her body, Teigen was still brave enough to bare it all for Women's Health U.K., because she recognizes that her body is her body and that it is beautiful regardless of what her perceived physical imperfections may be. Let Teigen inspire you, and don't be afraid to flaunt what you have either—it's equally beautiful.
(via E! online)