Who doesn’t want to live in a Wes Anderson film? It’s a magical world: both eclectic and perfectly curated. Part nostalgia, part dollhouse, part world traveler, Anderson’s sets are an integral part of his approach to visual storytelling and have become instantly recognizable and instantly enviable. We’re not saying your apartment should look like a movie set...necessarily. But it’s easy to bring a little W.A. quirk and charm to any room with a few key accessories and the right decorating approach. Read the tips below and click through the gallery above to shop home decor inspired by some of our favorite Wes Anderson films.
1. Pick a color palette and stick to it. Every Wes Anderson movie has a distinct and memorable color story.
2. Collect and display. It doesn’t matter where you are or where you’ve been, collecting any object and displaying it with care will elevate it and make it precious and give your space a sense of personal narrative and history.
3. Choose mundane objects carefully. Is your soap dispenser interesting?
4. Consider a statement wallpaper.
5. Frame your childhood art.
6. More is more: Vignettes can happen anywhere, books should be everywhere, and you can never have too many textures at play.
7. Own some kind of “gear” and consider it home decor. Think: fishing nets, cameras, binoculars, or watercolor sets. Whatever your hobbies are, let your tools tell your story.
8. Definitely get a record player.