Madame Tussauds Has Reportedly Updated Its Really Bad Beyoncé Wax Figure


The internet is about 70 percent bad and annoying and terrible, with the other 30 percent occasionally being really, really good—and, in special cases, even a catalyst for change. See: Beyoncé’s offensively bad Madame Tussauds wax figure creation.

Earlier this week, many users of the world wide web took to their respective social channels to express their shock, dismay, and disappointment at what was supposed to be a replica of the singer. Mostly because the creation looked nothing like the Queen we all know and worship. Her skin was noticeably lighter (Madame Tussauds blamed that on “lighting” and “flash photography”), her facial features were all wrong, and her figure was completely off. Lindsay Lohan maybe, Shakira sure, but Beyoncé?! Beyoncé this this was not.

According to those over at The New York Times, as of Thursday afternoon, the wax figure was no longer on display at Madame Tussauds' New York City establishment. “A staff member at the building did not offer a reason for the wax figure’s absence, saying only that the statue was ‘off the floor until further notice,’” the publication writes. “A museum representative declined to answer questions about why the figure was no longer displayed.”

But, plot twist, the tourist attraction reportedly simply made some adjustments to the original. In a statement to Spin, the museum wrote: “We love, respect and enjoy a working relationship with Beyoncé. We have adjusted the styling and lighting of her figure and she is on display at Madame Tussauds New York.”

Now, who has the receipts, dear internet?