Oscar And The Wolf’s New Video Is Effortlessly Extraordinary
Watch “Breathing” here
The sex appeal of Oscar and the Wolf's latest single, "Breathing," is laced with melancholy, but it has an undeniable lustiness. In short: It's sublime. Everything from the Daft Punk-esque guitar line to the airy "ahs" that keep time with the beat work together to make a song that can't be described as anything but effortlessly cool.
Of course, we're going to go a bit further into the magic that is Oscar and the Wolf's latest. "Breathing" marks the beginning of a long overdue U.S. takeover. Later this summer, his self-titled EP will drop via Neon Gold, while his Infinity album is due out on September 29 via Play It Again Sam. (Unfortunately, the album won't be available in the U.S. then; chalk it up to infuriating American exceptionalism. Ugh.) Forget that for now, though, because today the video for "Breathing" is here to whet your appetites.
Oscar and the Wolf's Max Colombie tells us the track itself is "a celebration of sadness for creatures of the night." For the video, Colombie transforms into a glittering human, performing for us, the audience, on some unknown planet. "The video reflects me as a performer, as one of those creatures," he says. "My skin [is] made from diamonds reflecting the moon in an otherworldly landscape. Basically, I made myself look in a way I want to look every day, in the landscape of my dreams."
Get lost in his world below, or hey, check him out on tour. Oscar and the Wolf's world is one you won't soon forget.
Oscar and the Wolf Tour Dates
- June 24 in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg at Sirens Call Festival
- June 25 in Beuningen, Netherlands at Down The Rabbit Hole Festival
- June 30 in Werchter, Belgium at Rock Werchter Festival
- July 2 in St. Gallen, Switzerland at OpenAir St. Gallen
- July 6 in Zamárdi, Hungary at Heineken Balaton Sound Festival
- July 23 in Boom, Belgium at Tomorrowland Festival
- July 23 in Paris, France at Lollapalooza Festival
- July 29 in Boom, Belgium at Tomorrowland Festival
- Sept. 3 in Istanbul, Turkey at Before Sunset Festival
- Sept. 23 in Hamburg, Germany at Reeperbahn Festival
- Oct. 27 + 28 in Antwerp, Belgium at Sportpaleis
- Nov. 15 in London, UK at XOYO
- Nov. 16 in Paris, France at YoYo
- Nov. 17 in Amsterdam, Netherlands at AFAS Live
- Nov. 30 in Cologne, Germany at Kantine
- Dec. 1 in Berlin, Germany at Heimathafen