When we were putting together our list of the best things we read online this year we deliberately left off anything published by NYLON because, stay humble, you know? No need to pat ourselves on the back! Which, true, but also: We're really proud of so much of the work we did this year, so why not celebrate after all? Here then are the 30 stories we ran the year which we really, really love.
1) 9 Women Changing the Vaginal Health Industry
2) Why Ruby Rose Could Only Be the Face of Urban Decay Now
A new era of beauty
3) Please Let This Be the End of Performative Wokeness
Yes, it's too late now to say sorry
4) Keeping the Focus on Queer People After the Pulse Massacre
This story hits close to home
5) Paying Homage to HIllary Clinton's Pantsuits
And why it's still important to keep wearing yours
6) Meet the Coolest All-Girl Skate Squads in the Country
7) An Evening of Dogwalking with Natasha Lyonne
"I definitely stand with the weirdos"
8) When Chicago Says Hip-Hop Isn't Art, It's Not Just Wrong—It's Classist
"Who has the right to classify what fine art is?"
9) Solange Invites Us to Take "A Seat at the Table" and Learn about Her Personal Journey
Three editors dive into the artist's latest work
10) What It's Really Like to Be Black on Campus
As told by a black college grad
11) Why You Should Start Your Anti-Aging Routine in Your Early 20s
Turns out, it's never too early
12) The Porn You Watch Does Not Define You
Log on, get off, go about your day
13) Tinashe Is Our October Cover Star
Album delays, media scrutiny, misogyny, and even self-doubt can't keep this woman down
14) How Indie Artist Tuesday Bassen Is Fighting Back Against Zara
The fight against the mega-brand has only just begun
15) Can Millennials Change the Industry's Bad Fashion Habits for Good?
Be the change you want to see
16) Porn Star Carter Cruise on the Dangers of California's Prop 60
It's not just about condoms
17) Alt-Rock Goddess Shirley Manson Gave Us Her Pearls of Wisdom
Just in time for Garbage's sixth album release
18) Introducing Black Girl Power... The Future Is Bright
In honor of Black Her-story Month
19) With Her Acting Career on Fire, Lola Kirke Is Now Turning to Music
“Picking up a guitar and playing it is actually kind of like a tiny political act”
20) Why "Shortbus" Still Matters, 10 Years Later
We will always get it in the end
21)Nicki Minaj Is Our April Cover Star
Hustle & glow
22) Shades of Cool: Inside the Many-Colored World of Lana Del Rey
Where hell is a color
23) Talking with Activist Michaela Angela Davis about Black Lives Matter, Self-Care, and Afro-Feminism
"I practice radical self-care because I want radical change"
24) The Importance of Standing Out in 2017
My world my words
25) Die Antwoord Celebrates Their Fourth Album
Yolandi Visser, Ninja, and their daughter Sixteen Jones rock fall styles at their California compound
26) Drinking Seltzer and Getting Life Advice from Marilyn Minter
"Be obsessive and slightly delusional"
27) Gigi Hadid, Ruby Rose, Lena Dunham, and More Explain Why Perfection Is an Illusion
28) OUTSPOKEN: 14 LGBTQIA Activists Changing the World
Here and queer: Let's talk about it
29) Why Feminist Heroes Are Set Up to Disappoint Us
Kill your feminist darlings
30) Liza Weil on Her Unexpected Journey from Stars Hollow to Shondaland
"I'm relieved when I feel like the stuff I'm doing is important."