Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Third Movie
Full disclosure: even though it's been almost 10 years since The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants first graced our VCRs, the 2005 movie remains one of our ultimate go-tos a decade later. I mean, let's think about it...
This was the flick that first introduced us to Blake Lively as a Cali blonde soccer star--pre Gossip Girl. It showed us America Ferrera just before she broke out in Ugly Betty. The film also made Amber Tamblyn into a cool alt-teen, and gave us another chance to relive our Gilmore GIrls obsession with Alexis Bledel. We don't have to tell you twice that this movie (and its sequel, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 ) was a new kind of feel-good classic.
So when we got news that Liz Garcia (who wrote Dawson's Creek!) was working on creating a third film based on Ann Brashares' fifth novel in the series--we have no other choice than to pick the top 10 things we're hoping to see.
But first, a warning: as anyone who's seen Sisterhood Everlasting knows, this is a much darker take on the otherwise sugary plotlines. We don't want to divulge too much, but get ready to grab your tissues when the film finally hits theaters.
See our predictions (sans tearjerking spoilers!) below, then add yours on Facebook!
1. Obviously, the whole cast needs to reunite. Luckily, we hear they're down to do so. According to Ferrera, "I know that the four of us would love [to make another film], and it would be wonderful."
2. Fingers crossed Tibby's hair is still blue. Except instead of being stuck in Maryland, the book shows her living in Australia.
3. The pants miraculously return. We know that Effie (played by Lucy Hale) lost them, but still, they're the glue of the story...so they need to come back.
4. Bridget is still killing it at sports. That's part of the reason we loved her so much, after all.
5. Lucy Hale returns at Lena's annoying sister Effie.
6. Kostas makes a cameo, and Lena is still pursuing art.
7. For Bridget, the return of that guy she lost her virginity to at soccer camp.
8. All of the girls are too obsessed with work--and relationships, and real-life drama--to keep up with the friendship.
9. Josh Lyman returns as Carmen (America Ferrera's dad).
10. At least one time, this phrase needs to be uttered: "To us. Who we were, and who we are. And who we'll be. To the pants. And the sisterhood. And this moment, and the rest of our lives.Together and apart."