Starring last week’s host Edward Norton as Owen Wilson, the trailer for faux slasher flick The Midnight Coterie of Sinister Intruders is totally spot-on in Andersonisms, from the quirky guitar intro to the retro home decor to the brilliant title. The only thing better than Edith Piaf references and a curly-haired “Tilda Swinton”? The whole thing is narrated by a (real!) Alec Baldwin. Oh, and it should go without saying that we’re equally impressed with Norton’s side-swept toupee as we are with moody “Margot.”
So much Wes Anderson, so little time. We’ve listed our favorite details below, but watch the trailer and add yours on Facebook!
1. Edward Norton and Owen Wilson are friends in real life, which makes Norton’s impersonation 100x funnier. Major props for the pitch-perfect accent!
2. Moody “Gwyneth Paltrow” (AKA Margot Tenenbaum) is perfect, down to her fur coat and identical hair clip. Here’s proof.
3. Of course the murderers come armed with a meat cleaver…and an old record player.
4. Animal costumes! Little flags! Perfection.
5. This “tale of handmade horror” comes complete with paper airplanes. But in Anderson’s world, even scary bad guys have a cute letterhead on their stationery.
6. Even when he has a bloody smile, “Jason Schwartzman” is still endearing.
7. Alec Baldwins taupe turtleneck and deep “narrator voice.”
8. The way the stop-motion mouse’s fur blows in the wind. Also, that outfit.
9. The homeowners fight back with slingshots.
10. Despite the fact that it’s a total parody, the clip doesn’t come across at mean-spirited. Imitation is the biggest form of flattery…and this one just happens to be totally hilarious.